Updating DOT MCS-150for small Motor Carrier Trucker
Updating DOT MCS-150 Information
- Go to website http://safer.fmcsa.dot.gov
- Under the column FMCSA Services, click on FMCSA Registration & Updates
- Under the heading Register Now without Help, click on Start the Online Registration without Help
- Under Existing Registration Updates, choose I need to update my MCS-150B / HM Safety Permit
- On the page USDOT MCS-150B Update, click on File Electronically
- Complete all the information requested on USDOT Number MCS-150 Update page. You must have your PIN number. Press Continue.
- Verify the information on the next page and press Continue.
Enter your credit card information and press Submit. (Your credit card will not be charged. This is for verification only.)
- On the page Company Type Authorization, choose your current company type and press Continue.
- Make any changes on Modify MCS-150 and press Continue.
- Make any further changes on Continue MCS-150 Modify and press Modify.
- You will receive a Confirmation Screen. Your update has now been accepted. You can now print the MCS-150 form by pressing GO.
The above information is courtesy of Tommy Ruke, “The King Pin” of Truck Insurance and head of Motor Carrier Insurance Education Foundation which issues TRS, Transportation Risk Specialist designations.