Cargo Van & Sprinter Insurance

Looking for Cargo Van Insurance?

We can help you find the best commercial insurance rates for vans.

cargo van and sprinter commercial insurance
Cargo Vans and Sprinters are used to haul all kinds of freight for Expedite Trucking and Last Mile Delivery.

What kind of insurance do I need for Expediting or Last Mile Delivery with my Cargo Van or Sprinter

Expediters have established an industry standard for insurance limits and operate on an Unlimited Radius. Brokers usually require Expedite Independent Contractors to carry these limits of insurance coverage to bid on load boards: 

Primary Commercial Auto Liability$1,000,000 CSL

Last Mile Delivery Independent Contractors operate closer to home.  Their insurance requirements differ depending on their contracts.

For example, their Primary Commercial Auto Liability limit requirement may be $300,000 instead of $1,000,000.  Frequently their Cargo limits are lower as well.

However, the additional insurance coverage General Liability is often required to bid on Last Mile Delivery Loadboards.

Learn more about the difference between Primary Commercial Auto Liability and General Liability.

Commercial Van Insurance FAQ

Cargo van insurance costs vary  WIDELY from state to state.

Other factors that affect insurance cost include:

  • driving record
  • value of your unit
  • radius of operation
  • type of cargo
  • and yes, credit


Read our list of 10 tips to reduce your commercial truck insurance rates.

Or give us a call at (330) 864-1511 to run a preliminary quote to give you a ballpark number.

It only takes 5 minutes and will be your most accurate guess before you take a leap.

$300,000 liability is the minimum requirement as designated by FMCSA to haul freight across state lines as an Expediter.  Read more here for What is the Definition of a Commercial Vehicle.   Your state DMV has their own requirements for commercial vehicles.

This is dependent upon the broker’s requirements.  Most Expedite brokers require a minimum of $1 Million in liability coverage regardless of unit type. Read more here

Last Mile Delivery brokers may require less Commercial Auto Liability and Cargo but more General Liability coverage.

Yes!  And we suggest that you do.  We can provide a same-day quote basing the information on your preferred unit type.  

Yes, we can typically start a policy with as little as 9% down.

No, we can write all coverage types regardless of your DOT status.  We can help guide you through each of your options, helping you decide which business structure is the best fit. Read more here on What is the Definition of a Commercial Vehicle then give us a call so we can help.

When Independent Contractors Lease On to a bigger Motor Carrier their insurance is different.
Because the Independent Contractor is operating under the Motor Carrier’s DOT Authority, the Motor Carrier provides the Primary Commercial Auto Liability.  Per contract, the Owner Operator is still responsible for providing Non-Trucking Liability which means he’s insuring himself while not operating on behalf of the Motor Carrier.

Primary Commercial Auto Liability costs much more because it insures 24/7.

Non-Trucking Liability costs much less because it’s only part time coverage.

Non-Trucking Liability can be tricky.  If you plan to lease on to a Motor Carrier learn more here about NTL:

Start here to learn more about our industry then give us a call…we’d love to help you get on the road!

Are you shopping for commercial van insurance?

15 minutes can save you BIG $$$ on your Commercial Van Insurance!

Have your drivers license and VIN number ready to get a fast commercial auto quote on your cargo van or sprinter.

The ladies at CIS love to chat, have many contacts and can give you a lot of free advice on which direction to go. 

Get the best rates for commercial van insurance

Call Now to Find Out

5 Star Google Reviews


Learn More

Cargo Vans & Sprinters

What to Know About Insuring Cargo Vans for Commercial Use

What to Know About Insuring Cargo Vans for Commercial Use Are you an Owner Operator of a Cargo Van or Sprinter Van hauling freight for hire? Understanding the intricacies of commercial insurance is crucial to your business. In this blog, you’ll learn everything you need to know about insuring your

Expediters Finally have another CHOICE for Commercial Insurance

GEICO Expediting Insurance is finally HERE!

GEICO Expediting Insurance is finally here! 330-864-1511   We are excited to announce that CIS has been selected as a GEICO Independent Agency for Commercial Trucking. Our Expediting Community has experienced rough and volatile times for what seems like an eternity. But with GEICO stepping into the scene we’re definitely


Owner Operator Trucks May Be UnderInsured

Owner Operator Trucks may be UnderInsured if they haven’t run fresh quotes with the brand new trucking insurance company in town. When it comes to claims time the insurance company looks at your vehicle’s Stated Amount. You chose the Stated Amount, or value of your commercial truck when you started