4 keys to Commercial Truck Insurance

4 keys to Owner Operator Truck Insurance helps you understand Commercial Auto Liability, Physical Damage, Motor Truck Cargo and Trucking General Liability.

[Related story – Commercial Truck Insurance 101]

For any questions you may have or to speak to an agent, feel free to contact us or give us a call at 330-864-1511.

  • You’ve hit someone or something and ‘you’re liable to get sued’
  • Primary liability covers Motor Carriers or Owner Ops 24/7
  • Non-trucking liability (NTL) covers the leased on Owner Op who is hauling on behalf of a Motor Carrier at the time of loss
  • Most requested limit of coverage is $1,000,000
  • Physical Damage or Comp & Collision on your vehicle
  • Collision covers your truck if it is damaged by hitting something
  • Comp ‘comprehensively’ covers just about anything else that can happen like fire, theft, vandalism or animal hit
  • Cargo insurance insures freight for fire, theft, collision or striking of a load
  • Premium is based on type of commodities with many excluded products including prescription drugs, tobacco and spirits
  • ‘Reefer’ is for refrigerated or temperature controlled freight
  • Most requested limit of coverage is $100,000
  • Differs from Commercial Auto Liability to cover events that occur while not driving your truck
  • GENERAL Liability can include advertising, libel, slander, loading, unloading, operations, medical payments, damage to premises rented and more
  • Most requested limit of coverage is $1,000,000 per occurrence