4 Keys to Owner Operator
4 keys to Owner Operator Truck Insurance helps you understand Commercial Auto Liability, Physical Damage, Motor Truck Cargo and Trucking General Liability. If you would like to save 4 keys to Owner Operator Truck Insurance offline for future reference, please download our PDF to keep handy. Please take a moment to view our short video for even more useful information.
Click an image to read more detailed blog about each one of the four keys.
Owner Operator Commercial Auto Liability Insurance
- You’ve hit someone or something and ‘you’re liable to get sued’
- Primary liability covers Motor Carriers or Owner Ops 24/7
- Non-trucking liability (NTL) covers the leased on Owner Op who is hauling on behalf of a Motor Carrier at the time of loss
- Most requested limit of coverage is $1,000,000
Owner Operator Phys Dam Insurance
- ‘Phys Dam’ is Physical Damage or Comp & Collision on your vehicle
- Collision covers your truck if it is damaged by hitting something or overturns
- Comp ‘comprehensively’ covers just about anything else that can happen like fire, theft, vandalism or animal hit
Owner Operator Motor Truck Cargo Insurance
- Cargo insurance insures freight for fire, theft, collision or striking of a load
- Premium is based on type of commodities with many excluded products including prescription drugs, tobacco and spirits
- ‘Reefer’ is for refrigerated or temperature controlled freight
- Most requested limit of coverage is $100,000
Owner Operator Truck General Liability
- Differs from Commercial Auto Liability for events that occur while not driving
- GL can include advertising, libel, slander, loading, unloading, operations, medical payments and damage to premises rented
- Most requested limit of coverage is $1,000,000 per occurrence
CIS are great company to work with them, they are always ready to assist you and find the best option for customers. The ladies that work there are professional and they are on top of the business. Great job!
Best insurance agents we have ever used, been in the business over 15 years and never had agents as attentive and helpful as these. Recommended 100%.
As a new owner operator I had a ton of questions and the Team at CIS were super helpful getting them answered and setting me up with the appropriate coverage for my business. As...
Christina was very knowledgeable and help me get the best bang for my buck.
Really help you get the best coverage at the best price. Aces & Straights.
I have been with CIS since I started my business in 2017 they have always gotten me great rates. And you're a person here not a number.
They did me good.
Positive: Professionalism, Responsiveness
I bought my sprinter last week and immediately went on forums to find the best insurance. That lead me to CIS and Kelly went above and beyond with my insurance needs. Best price and service by far. Thank you very much!
The best Sprinter coverage provider.
SweetT Theresa Phillips
They have been quick with helping us.
Get Your Quote Now!
Cargo van hauling: Operating with authority, and the ‘multicarrier’ model by Todd Dills with Overdrive
Todd Dills with Overdrive on some of the pros and cons of Independent Owner Operators of cargo van s and sprinters obtaining their own USDOT authority